This Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy”) is intended to help protect the services provided by Millennia®, Millennia®’s clients and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities, and the Client agrees to be bound by the Policy.
Use of Millennia systems means you accept to be bound by the following acceptable use policy:
In this Policy, unless the context requires otherwise, the following words shall have the following meanings:
“Abuse Complaint” is a complaint, either by Millennia® or a third party, about the Client’s use of services provided to it by Millennia®;
“Client” is the Client of Millennia® to whom Millennia® is providing services;
“IRC” defined as Internet Relay Chat, sometimes referred to as instant messaging.
“Millennia® Network” means Millennia®’s routers, switches, cabling and other network equipment located in the data centre and responsible for connecting servers hosted by Millennia® to the outside world;
1. The Client and its end users shall not, nor shall they permit, enable, or assist others, to use any services provided by Millennia® for any breach of any applicable law or generally accepted transmission or application protocols applicable to the Internet or any part of it or to anything connected to it or to any user of it. Such prohibited use includes but is not limited to the following:
a. civil infringement of and/or criminal offences relating to copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property right in any jurisdiction; or
b. commission of any criminal offence (including deliberate transmission of computer viruses) under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 (UK) or any similar legislation in any country; or
c. knowingly or recklessly transmitting, displaying or posting to a publicly accessible service any material which is unlawful or actionably defamatory or an invasion of privacy, breach of an intellectual property right or breach of a right of publicity in any jurisdiction with which any publicly accessible service reasonably appears to have any connection or from which it may reasonably be apprehended that a publicly accessible service is likely to be significantly accessed; or
d. transmitting, transferring, displaying or posting to a publicly accessible service any material in breach of the Data Protection Act 2018 (UK) or similar legislation in any other country or of any material which is confidential or is a trade secret or which affects the national security of the United Kingdom or the said territory or which may expose Millennia® to any retribution or penalty under the laws and/or regulations and/or decrees of the United Kingdom or any other country relating to the export of or dealing with military or potentially military resources; or
e. use of any services provided by Millennia® or the Internet in any manner which is a violation or infringement of any rights of any kind or nature (whether like to any of the foregoing or otherwise) of any person, firm or company; or
f. unauthorised access to the network management equipment of Millennia® or other Internet service providers; or
g. forgery of Internet addresses or other fields in Internet Protocol packets by the Client; or
h. any sending of unsolicited email messages or any mass mailing of unsolicited advertising material by the Client; or
i. any activity that potentially could harm the Millennia® Network, its clients’ networks or other networks, including but not limited to traffic flooding, malicious overflows, etc; or
j. any activity that Millennia® decides at its absolute discretion is an unsuitable use of the services provided.
2. The Client is responsible for:
a. Maintaining email addresses of the forms [email protected] and [email protected] for receiving complaints of network abuse activities, as suggested by Internet Official Protocol Standard RFC 2142. Typically, these email addresses will forward emails to the real user accounts of the responsible persons for treating the network misuse complaints.
b. The activities of its customer base or end-users and, by accepting service from Millennia®, is agreeing to ensure that its clients abide by this Policy. If irresponsible or illegal activity continues, even after Millennia® tries to communicate with the Client, then the Client may be subject to an appropriate action in order to stop those activities.
3. All complaints related to network misuse – including email abuse – are to be sent to [email protected]
4. IRC services or IRC-related services are permitted only with prior written permission from Millennia® management. This includes, but is not limited to: “IRCd servers,” “eggdrops,” “bots,” and “bouncers.” The purpose of this restriction is to prevent attacks on the Millennia® service due to malicious activity that has been known to occur on IRC networks like EFnet and Undernet.
5. The Client warrants that it will respond to any Abuse Complaints within 48 hours.